This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just Desserts

OK, so it's supposed to be just deserts but this is a food blog, right? :)

Really though, I don't know if I got what I deserved this week because I'm not really sure what I did deserve. I made a mistake, but since then I have stuck to program 100%. I have recommitted to Nutrisystem and to my goal, and I have analyzed why I erred this week. In addition to the reasons I wrote in my confession post, I am nearing a significant personal milestone (I was expecting to hit it this week) and I think part of me got scared. I've been here before, and each time I vowed I never would be again. Every time, I've failed at keeping that vow. I suppose part of me was afraid of failure again.

But if I give up now, I've already failed. At least if I keep putting one foot in front of the other, there's only the possibility of failure, which while still scary is much better than a certainty!

I've never had this kind of issue when approaching a milestone before. I think part of me knows this is really it; that I'm not going to be back here again, and that I'm afraid of that since so much of my identity is being the fat girl. Well, I'm going to have to learn to cope with it though because this time, it's for real. I'm not going to make excuses and quit halfway like I've done in the past. I am going to become the person that I want to be- strong, determined, and sexy :)

See, I really think that when you experience a major change, you will change as well. Before I had my son, I used to look in the mirror and think that I would be somebody's mother and wonder what that would be like since I still saw the same old me looking back. I am still me, but I see it as the new and improved version! I'm more patient, more loving, and a myriad of little gifts that my son has given to me. I expect that losing weight will be the same; I'll be a better, happier me. If for no other reason, that is worth achieving!

I actually lost 0.2lbs this week. For a second I considered what I would have lost if I hadn't screwed up (I was FIVE pounds heavier the day after the pizza!), but I try to live my life by the philosophy that you can't change the past, only the future. Cheating on my program didn't make me happier- I felt gross physically and emotionally. I feel really good eating Nutrisystem, especially when I come up with a great, healthier version of an old favourite recipe.

So here I am again- ready to lose the other half of this ugly fat! Thanks for all your support on my last post. I really needed to hear it and it helped keep me going.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great.

    I just started on NutriSystem. So far the food is good, but the Canadian selection isn't as great as the U.S. I agree. I didn't know I could order from the U.S. until I read your blog. I signed up for the Auto Delivery to save some money. I think I have to accept 2 more deliveries (I just got one) before I can cancel. I want to get the American food. I found that some of the food on the Cdn site sounded vegetarian but actually wasn't b/c there was fish or seafood sauce. I noticed the U.S. site has a veg plan.

    Congrats once again. You're doing great.

    Jitterbug1974

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jitterbug- send me an email through the link about a coupon under my picture before you order from the US site and I'll hook you up with some discounts.

    You only have to receive 2 boxes total to cancel without penalty so just one more. I had to do the same thing since I started off on the Canadian site too.

    Yes, the US site has a vegetarian plan with many more options than the Canadian one! Good to hear you are enjoying Nutrisystem so far- stay motivated and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do. Thanks.

    Jitterbug1974

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fay says...

    Susie, you are an inspiration to so many of us. Reading your blog is like checking in with an old friend who knows your secrets and loves you anyway. We're sisters in this struggle and I know I'm not the only one of your readers who feels this way.

    Stay strong. We've all sabotaged ourselves for various reasons. Good for you for realizing it and vowing not to do it again! Finding a way to redefine ourselves is a new challenge but heaven knows we've faced, and moved past, challenges before.

    Look at that...even with not eating right, you STILL lost 2/10 of a pound. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete