This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, September 24, 2010

More Puffing

Today was another fruit week success- two more great recipes to try. Enjoy!


Pancake Mix (Breakfast):



I really do love my puff pan. It's so satisfying to have lots and lots of bite sized treats!This recipe actually made 12 puffs but I was too hungry to wait for the second batch to cook before I took the picture and ate them!

Caramel Apple Puffs:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp Torani SF Caramel Syrup
1/2 apple, diced (save other half to eat on the side)

Mix all ingredients together and bake them in the puff pan, turning at the halfway point if your pan doesn't have a lid. Serve them warm with sugarfree maple syrup if desired. You still need to add a dairy serving to make a complete breakfast but these are very tasty and filling as is, so you can save it for later if you want to. These also might have been good with 1/2 serving of raisins instead of eating the other half of the apple.


Nutrichocolates (Dessert):



Chocolate, bananas, and peanut butter- what else is there to say? :)


Banana Drops:



1 pkg Nutrisystem Nutrichocolates
1/2 medium banana, sliced into circles
1 tsp peanut butter or 1 tbsp PB2
unsalted peanuts (optional, fat serving)

Divide the peanut butter or PB2 evenly on the banana circles and freeze for at least 1 hour. Melt the Nutrichocolates in the microwave and dip the banana pieces (peanut butter side down) into the chocolate and put them on a foil covered plate. Top with a piece of peanut, if desired. Chill until chocolate hardens and serve while still cold (the banana gets mushy if you let it thaw).

These are SO good! If you use the PB2, this is only a dessert, fruit, and free food! I am definitely going to have to get some more Nutrichocolates in my next box!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I totally want to get one of those puffers now! I am grooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get one of those puffers now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely recommend it, guys! My Redi Set Go is awesome but you can get just the regular puff pan at Target or BB&B I believe.

    ReplyDelete