This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why do I like Nutrisystem?

Why Nutrisystem over all the weight loss programs out there? It's not like there is a shortage of programs to choose from!

Well, for one thing, the advertising is pretty heavy! I saw more about Nutrisystem on TV and online than any other weight loss program, and that's saying something! For another, it's the price. Nutrisystem is cheaper than any other packaged weight loss program out there, and the longer you stay on it the cheaper it gets. I have a girlfriend who is doing Jenny Craig because she thought the idea of shelf stable food was gross, and she tells me she spends at least 30% more a month than I do- and she got a special lifetime membership discount of some sort!

And lastly- I like the foods BECAUSE they are shelf stable and require (limited) preparation because if I want to, I can use them as a base to turn the meal into something completely different. But if I am tired and don't feel like cooking and I just want something now, I'm never more than 2 minutes away from a hot meal!

I think programs like Weight Watchers where you use all your own food are great if it works for you- that's the ideal, to be able to get to that position where you can do it all on your own. I will admit that I don't like the humiliating meetings and weigh ins though, and I don't find their online support really worked well for me. A program like Nutrisystem really brings home the idea of proper portion sizes (remember how small they looked the first time?) but still offers a wide range of food to appeal to most palates. I do like flexing meals occasionally, but I think that even when I reach goal I will continue to order a box from Nutrisystem once in a while. There are quite a few meals that I'd have absolutely no idea how to recreate on my own, and I like them!

I am so glad that I decided to sign up for Nutrisystem. I have lost more than half the weight I want to, and I feel motivated enough to keep going for my goal. I look better, I feel better, and I took control of my life.

At the risk of sounding like one of those cheesy Mastercard commercials:

Nutrisystem Meals: $300
Fruit and Veggies: $80
New Clothes: $100
Health & Self Esteem: Priceless

4 comments:

  1. You refer to the "humiliating meetings and weigh-ins" of Weight Watchers; have you ever been? In my experience, they are anything but. The leaders are supportive, positive, and helpful and the weigh-ins are the same way.

    I don't think it's fair to pass judgement on something that, as I recall, you have no experience with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie! I just found you..and I just started NS two days ago..and.... I am in Canada too!
    trying to decide what to have for dinner right now. LOL!
    You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog entry! And congrats on being half-way to your goal!!! Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon- yup, actually I have been, and I totally found it demeaning. I think that group weigh ins are a terrible idea. I know that some people like that format, but it's definitely not for me.

    Soozin- welcome to my blog and to Nutrisystem!

    ReplyDelete