This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Beef It Up!

I've never really been a big beef fan, with the exception of stuff like ground beef. Yeah, I know- the cheap crappy stuff. Don't serve me a steak because it's wasted on me, seriously.

So I guess it's not a surprise that many of the beefy entrees have been left for the end, but I did want to keep my promise to review everything, so here are my thoughts.

Beef & Noodles in Teriyaki Sauce (Dinner):



I think this was the reformulated version of the Canadian entree called Rice, Beef, and Vegetables in Teriyaki Sauce. I was expecting something similar albeit with noodles instead of rice, but I found this meal to be a little better. The sauce actually did have hints of sweetness unlike the rice entree, so I found it more enjoyable although honestly it's pretty far off from what I expect in a teriyaki sauce. I'd rather go to Koya Japan or one of those Japanese style fast food stands and order a half serving of brown rice and extra veggies with my teriyaki chicken meal. Their food is very healthy and as long as you watch the portions, it can be a great fast food meal. The NS entree wasn't bad, but there are other things I'd prefer to order.


Tender Beef with Vegetables (Dinner):



Sorry, this was so hot when I took the photo that it caught the steam rising! Unfortunately this entree has been discontinued because it's pretty yummy. It doesn't taste Asian although the name vaguely sounds like it will be, but the sauce is rich and hearty- rather like a stew (well, stew without potatoes). If you come across these, they're definitely worth trying!


Oriental Steak with Green Peppers and Noodles (Dinner):



I'm not really sure what made this meal "Oriental" but it was an acceptable entree. Again, it wasn't bad- just mediocre. There are shreds of beef and vegetables in a thin sauce. It looked very similar to the teriyaki meal but it did not have that sweet taste to the sauce. This entree would definitely be improved if it was poured over top of crisp Asian stir fry veggies.

I know I'm tough on Nutrisystem's Asian style entrees but good Asian food is one thing that I am used to (I've spent time in China and Thailand) and I just find them lacking. With a little doctoring up (lots of stir fry veggies and maybe some soy sauce) they're acceptable but I'd prefer to stick to the things that NS does really well, like the pizzas, the burger, and the pasta dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment