This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

One More Week...

I've been a little nervous lately about my weight loss. With all the holiday stuff there's been a lot of eating out and I feel most comfortable when I'm sticking directly to the NS program. I still try to stick to my healthiest options but even with asking how the meal is prepared etc, I hate the loss of control because you never really know what you're eating and restaurants seem to have a way of sneaking butter and oil into everything! Note to self: Just because the menu says steamed veggies doesn't mean they are plain!

I have been making the best decisions I can though and I was delighted to see that I still lost 1.6lbs this week! I really want to buckle down and make this next week great since in 7 days I will be in sunny Florida awaiting my cruise ship! I am really looking forward to this trip- we're having a family vacation to celebrate my mom's marriage. I am definitely looking forward to it but I do expect my weight loss to be derailed during the trip. Celebrity ships are known for their cuisine and I have always enjoyed the fabulous meals onboard. We don't vacation very often so I've decided to allow myself to enjoy the trip foodwise. This has to be a lifestyle change, not just a diet, and I don't see myself maintaining a lifestyle where I really can't cut loose and have a few frozen drinks or maybe lobster in champagne sauce (Best.Meal.Ever!).

Hopefully the damage won't be too bad when I get back home and on the scale, and honestly, thinking about all the time it's going to take me to re-lose the weight I'll likely gain is going to make me think twice about whether I really do want something- is it worth it to spend another month or so where I could have been making progress just to get back to where I am now? When I think of it that way, it becomes a lot less appetizing (yes, bad pun intended!). So hopefully that will have me thinking if I really do want whatever it is that is tantalizing me! I also plan on having a healthy NS flex breakfast every morning. Breakfast is by far the easiest meal to eat healthy at, and it will give me a good foundation for the rest of the day at least.

I'm looking forward to getting out of the snow... 7 days and counting! And for the next week, I'll be treating every day like it's Day One.

1 comment:

  1. I find that taking the stairs on cruises does help to combat the weight gain, though I also don't go nuts with eating just because we're on a cruise. The only time we take the elevators on the ship is on departure day when we're lugging heavy carryons, and maybe when we arrive but taking the stairs is also a great way to get a first impression of the ship. You could always add in a few laps on the walking track each day too. I'm sure with all you have learned about eating healthfully, you'll still have a great time, eat some great dishes, and not gain much!

    ReplyDelete