This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Temptations, Part II

Maybe it was all the restraint I exercised last week, or who knows, but my cravings came back with a vengeance this weekend. First I wanted my husband's French fries that he had for lunch on the way to our weekend getaway (I had a ham sandwich on whole wheat bread instead), and then when we went to the dinner buffet, I was dying to have one of the sweets- they looked SO good! I felt so frustrated and grouchy when I was eating my shrimp salad.

I was hoping I had kicked these urges to the curb, but apparently not. I considered having a taste of things- one French fry, a bite of dessert, maybe something fried at dinner, but then reminded myself how unsatisfied it would probably leave me since every single time I've done that lately I've regretted my decision. I decided to use my tried and true techniques of getting past cravings- eating my food slowly and drinking a lot of water so that I'd be full and not even want whatever it was I was eyeing. I also decided to let myself have an item that felt like a treat even though it really wasn't. I had them make me a custom pasta dish at the stirfry stand with a half order of pasta, shrimp, and lots of veggies in tomato sauce. Pasta always feels like cheating to me but the portion size was right on with only half the noodles and I felt satisfied afterwards and didn't even feel too much of a pang at skipping the desserts.

Like I've said before, it's just a matter of will- you have to want to lose the weight more than you want to eat the things that made you overweight. If you do, you'll find ways to succeed instead of ways to sabotage yourself. Just remind yourself of how well you're doing next time a temptation gets in your way! Don't give up your progress!

And don't forget to enter the Thanksgiving Giveaway if you haven't yet! There are several ways to earn extra ballots into the draw.

8 comments:

  1. Your blog continues to encourage me - thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from the blog hop, hope you can follow back.
    God Bless,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower from the Monday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!!

    Stopping by from Making Friends Monday- following GFC

    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I’m following you now from Follow Us Monday Morning. Please follow my blog of inspiring quotes and poems! Thanks!

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!! CONgrats on all your weight loss! That is amazing!!!

    You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great blog! Very inspiring, great job too! I am stopping by and following your blog, would love for you to return the follow
    Just Married with Coupons
    I would also like to invite you to our Monday blog hop and giveaway link up too:
    Give It To Me Monday
    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete