This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Temptations

Now that my son is one, my maternity leave is over. I'm still not sure if I plan to be a stay at home mom or if I want to work, so in the meantime I am compromising by working on a casual basis- I get called in if someone is sick or can't work. Today I went in to work and it was temptations all around! One of the children was celebrating her third birthday, so her father brought in huge chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with icing, sprinkles, and candy. The cook that day also baked a vanilla cake from scratch and frosted it and placed it in the staff room. And if that wasn't enough, there were THREE boxes of cookies plus a box of leftover Hallowe'en candy sitting around.

For someone with a sweet tooth like mine, it presented a challenge! So, how much of it did I eat?

Nothing.

Yes, nothing! I'm really proud of myself. I had packed myself a healthy lunch and snacks and ate a good breakfast before I left. I went and got a glass of water during snack time when everyone ate their cupcakes and I just ignored the goodies in the staff room. I'm finding that it is getting easier to say no, and my desire for things like that has lessened. I already know that it won't be as good as I imagine it to be, I'll feel like crap emotionally after I eat it, and besides, if I really want cake, I can have some. If I wait till I get home I can have a piece of Nutrisystem chocolate or vanilla cake (and make cream cheese frosting if I'm feeling like it) that will actually satisfy my craving rather than leave me feeling lousy and wanting more.

Denying yourself something will only make you want it more. One of the reasons I love Nutrisystem is that I feel like I deny myself nothing. If there's something I want, either Nutrisystem offers a substitute or I can figure out how to make an NS friendly item that is similar. So not only is the weight melting off, but I'm feeling satisfied about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment