This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Reviews

I'm working my way down the list and hope to have all the current entrees reviewed by the time I leave for my vacation at the beginning of December. And hopefully no more entrees that I enjoy will be discontinued! Sadly, the White Cheddar Soy Chips and Turkey Tetrazzini are gone (and I don't have any more! *sigh*). Hopefully the new items will come out soon! I am especially hoping for some new lunches as I'd love to see a little more variety there- it tends to be the meal where I feel the most repetitive menu-wise.

Cheese Ravioli with Basil Tomato Sauce (Dinner):



The Cheese & Spinach Ravioli with Meat Sauce was one of the first entrees I had on the Nutrisystem plan, way back in February. I had a similar reaction to this one. It's delicious (although, like with the lasagna, I prefer the meaty version) and tasty, but I can't get past the psychological issues of eating only two raviolis for dinner. I would have felt much more satisfied with the same amount of food, but as mini raviolis (perhaps similar to the Cheese Tortellini). I only ordered this one to do this review and I'd rather stick to one of the other pasta dishes that I enjoy more. If you like a good pasta dish, you'll enjoy this one, as long as the portion size doesn't bother you.


Hearty Beef Stew (Dinner):



I must say, I kind of wonder why this is labelled a dinner instead of a lunch. It's only 150 calories which is considerably less than many lunches, and again, it feels like such a small portion! Why not serve it in a slightly larger bowl like the Chicken Tortilla Soup to bring up the calorie count a little? It's very tasty and looks just the way stew should look, but again, it just feels a little small and this is a dish that I think would be more difficult to bulk up unless you add broth which will water it down (and I really don't like soupy stew, personally). There are other entrees I enjoy much more, notably the Homestyle Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy which also has a stew-like flavour except that the potatoes are mashed instead of chunked.


Almond Biscotti (Dessert):



All I can say about this one is... OH MY LORD why did I wait so long to try it??? Seriously. I kept reading comments where people said they were too hard to enjoy unless you dipped them in coffee, and since I prefer chewy cookies I left this one to the end of my list. I loved it! It smelled so good when I opened the package and it looks like it belongs on a plate from a fancy coffee shop. I immediately went and changed my auto delivery to get more of these!

Again- this explains why I say try everything for yourself- don't take my word or anyone else's as the definitive answer on Nutrisystem. We all have our own tastes and you might be surprised by some of the things you like and some you don't, so make sure you give everything a fair chance!

6 comments:

  1. Lots of tasty, stomach filling foods... love the biscotti!
    Stopped by from Midweek Mingle Blog Hop and following you via Google Friends and on Facebook.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ravioli looks yummy!

    I'm your newest follower from Blog Hop Skip and Jump Wednesday! I would love you to follow me back and check out my giveaways!

    http://www.peacefulwishing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of your blog!!

    I'm following you from Blog Hop Skip and Jump Wednesday . . . check out my blogs when you get a chance :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving . . . Gina

    http://myfloridaparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me hungry! :)

    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by and follow me back!

    Be sure to enter my great giveaways while you're there!

    Happy Thanksgiving from Being Frugal & Making It Work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the hearty beef stew I warm up a whole can of green beans and then dump the stew on top. It is so good and filling that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree on the Almond Biscotti -- just tried it myself for the first time 2 weeks ago, and as you said: "OH MY LORD, why did I wait so long?!?"

    :-)

    Great blog--I'm getting some ideas that are going to help me fight the little bit of boredom that's setting in after 4 months.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete