This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 28th birthday. I'm not really doing much to celebrate since my husband is out of town, but my mother and her husband are here for a visit. We went out to lunch at a restaurant where you make your own stirfry using fresh veggies and meat or seafood. It's really yummy and as long as you don't overload on the oils and sauces (or the rice and condiments) then it can be a very healthy way to enjoy a meal out.

I was going to make myself a special dessert but I'm a little tired so I decided just to have a Skinny Cow vanilla cone with caramel, which is a perfect imitation of a Nestle Drumstick but it's not bad for you. The Nutrisystem dieticians say that Skinny Cow products can occasionally be substituted for an NS dessert, which is great. They are a little low in protein so try to make high protein choices throughout the day if you do choose to make the substitute.

Here are some dessert reviews- I still have two left to post for you but I'll try to get to them soon.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (Dessert):



I am not sure how this never got reviewed because I've been eating it all along and it's a dessert I really enjoy. It's chewy and full of flavour. My only regret is that there's only one in the package. Definitely give it a try if you like soft cookies.


Chocolate Fudge Bar (Dessert):



This dessert was so yummy that I couldn't resist taking a bite before I took the picture because it smelled great. Try throwing it in the freezer before you eat it for a decadent treat.


BBQ Soy Chips (Dessert):



These are the sole remaining soy chips on the Nutrisystem menu, which makes me a little sad because I really liked the other two kinds and I am not a BBQ chip fan, personally. I gave these to my husband and he inhaled them. He said they were pretty good and since he's not a big fan of diet food, I guess that means they are OK. If you enjoy BBQ, try them for yourself. And Nutrisystem, if you're reading this, please bring back some other flavours of soy chips!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! 27 was certainly a successful year for you - wishing you continued success at 28!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oatmeal raisin cookie. I have the chocolate fudge bar over there waiting for me to try.

    I'm not a BBQ potato chip fan, but I love these BBQ soy chips. If you gave them to your husband without trying them, I'd give them another shot.

    A Very Happy Belated Birthday to you. I was born on the 13th, but quite a few years before you, so our birthdays fall close together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria- thanks :)

    Hmm. OK, I'll try them. I think I have a pack around here somewhere. I loved the sour cream and onion, and white cheddar soy chips but now you can only get them on eBay or Craigslist or whatever since they are discontinued.

    A friend of mine was born November 13, so you're in good company :)

    ReplyDelete