This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting Closer...

I was delighted to step on the scale this morning and see something that was definitely worth the wait! Over the past 3 weeks I have lost 4.6lbs and that included a week of vacation! At this stage in my weight loss, I am thrilled to be losing more than 1.5lbs per week. I am really hoping to earn my next Nutribear soon!

I'm also really excited to see that I now have less than 30lbs to go to get to my goal weight. It feels so close... I really know that I will be able to accomplish it.

Now my only problem is finding something to wear... I wanted to post a picture of myself wearing my new jeans but all my shirts are too baggy now so you can't really see the weight I've lost! I'll have to do something in the meantime- I don't want to spend too much money since I'll need a whole new wardrobe when I reach goal, but having proper fitting clothes is really important for self esteem. I learned that when I first started losing weight. I'll figure something out! After all- this is a great problem to have!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congrats on your problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great problem Susan! Congrats!

    Although, I admit to my frustrations when dealing with this problem too. My own weight loss was so slow that I had to buy a lot of new clothes over the last year and a half. But, it's been worth it, and you're right - clothes that fit your new body well are imperative to self esteem and the further encouragement of your journey. Good job so far! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the loss! Following you to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful place to check out is your local thrift store. I have been able to come home with BAGS full of clothes for around $30 a trip (and the delight of an entire day shopping with that $30). Then after a couple months I take them back to the same place for my tax-deductible donation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! Good for you. And what motivation to just keep going :)
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great that you are losing the weight. Not so easy but you sound like you are on the right track! I'm a new follower and love your blog. Its very motivational for everyone who is trying to be a healthier person

    ReplyDelete