This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Always Hate This

Well, it's hard. It's always so much easier to be positive and upbeat and share my successes with you. It's not as easy to share my failings. But I did make a promise that I would never lie to my readers- I want to share everything about my journey here honestly.

It also didn't really help that I got a comment from a friend of mine who is doing Jenny Craig that really bothered me. She went on holiday a month ago and has been way off plan ever since- she's regained more than 8 pounds. I offered to help her meal plan and get her back on track, and she gave me the impression that she thinks I never go through stuff like this- that I'm the "perfect" weight loss client.

If I've ever given you that impression, I'm sorry. You'll find several confessions like this throughout my journey, because I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, both intentional and unintentional, just like the everyone else.

Yesterday, I had one of the most stressful days I've had in a really long time. Everything and everyone is OK- it was just rough to go through and by the end of the day I was just ready for a break that I didn't get. I missed dinner and was so hungry by the time that I could finally eat that I just ordered a pizza (my usual failing, if you know me).

I can really tell what effect it's had on my body, though. For the rest of the night I was chugging water because the salt was making me so thirsty. I really wonder how I ate like that before without even noticing! In fact, I used to drink pop with the pizza so no water intake at all! So to all the people who wonder if the Nutrisystem food is high in sodium- it's evidently conditioned my body to a much lower sodium diet without me even realizing it.

The real difference between me and someone who will not succeed is that I don't give up after I make a misstep. In the old days, I would have taken an offplan day as an excuse to have an offplan week. Or more. Before I knew it, my one offplan snack or meal had spiraled into a 5+lb weight gain.

It just makes me sad that I gave in to my old demons. I've worked so hard and was finally at the lowest weight I can ever remember myself being, and then I go and do something like this. But as I've said before- you can't change the past, but we can learn from it.

My plan for today is to choose all the lowest sodium entrees and add ins to help detox my body. I'm not normally sodium sensitive so I must have gone WAY over my usual intake! Did you know that you can call Nutrisystem Counselling and request a list of the lowest sodium meals (and get it instantly by email!)? The support they offer their clients is great. Losing weight isn't easy, and it's smart to take advantage of every tool you can. I also plan to increase my exercise to burn off the extra calories I consumed.

Always remember- tomorrow is a new day, and we can make a fresh start. One mistake is just that- ONE mistake; it doesn't have to be more unless you allow it to be.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

3 comments:

  1. Today is definitely a new day...I too am on NS, and there are days where life takes over and I agree, you sure do feel the difference! Today is one of those days....I feel bleh....I did not workout yesterday and wow, what a difference that truly makes. But today is a new day and I am heading off to workout as I finish this! Keep up your journey with your head held high! Thank you for your transperancy and honesty! It is truly refreshing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are the ones I wait for, even ones like today. Thank you for being open. I have lost 77 pounds so far, in 7 months, on NS. Your blog has had a huge role in my success. I even posted my first blog post about my weight loss this week. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go putting out your hard times as well as your success! You are right, one mistake is that just one, don't let them get you down and get you off track!
    New follower from our We are Canadian Blog hop! Thanks for linking up, sorry I am so behind!
    http://www.theknitwitbyshair.com

    ReplyDelete