This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lazy Weekend Breakfast

Some foods just seem to go together so well... one of my favourite combinations is bananas and chocolate. I was looking at a bunch of bananas in my kitchen and trying to decide what to have for breakfast and thought that I wanted pancakes. Then inspiration struck and this yummy creation resulted.

Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix (Breakfast):



1 pkg Nutrisystem Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
1/3 cup milk
1/2 banana, sliced into thin coins

Spray your griddle or frying pan with PAM butter spray and let it preheat while you make the batter. Mix together the milk and pancake mix, and add the banana coins when the batter is smooth. Spoon it into the pan and cook until the bottom side is browning, then flip and cook until pancakes are done. Enjoy with sugarfree maple syrup if desired.

I know this is a discontinued item, but if you aren't fortunate enough to have some stashed away, just add 20 calories' worth of mini chocolate chips to plain Pancake Mix and you're all set. Also keep in mind that when this item was reformulated, the new Pancake Mixes only call for 1/4 cup milk while the old ones call for 1/3 cup. Always follow the directions on the package you are using.

I really enjoyed this recipe- very quick and easy but delicious. I made 7 small pancakes out of the batter and it looked like so much food! Very filling.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

1 comment:

  1. Those look really yummy! And relatively easy to make too (I'm cooking challenged, anything with more than three ingredients falls into my "hard" range). I'm following you from the ILMOF blog hop.

    ReplyDelete