This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Something in it After All!

I must confess, I was a little doubtful that going low sodium for a day would have much of an impact, but I did want to try it since I saw how awful I felt after ingesting all that sodium (among other things!).

As is usual for me, I got on the scale the next morning and saw I'd gained five pounds. That really hurt since I've been working so hard lately. So I decided to see how a really low sodium day would affect me. With help from Nutrisystem Counselling and by watching my add ins, I managed to restrict my sodium for the entire day to 1423mg- well below the daily recommended maximum of 2300mg. I got on the scale this morning to see if it had any effect, and I was delighted to see that I'd already lost 3.5lbs! I may try to go low sodium today as well with that kind of success.

Just to clarify- going low sodium is not going to make you drop massive amounts of weight overnight. But in a situation like mine where I knew that most of that 5lb gain was water weight (a few slices of pizza is not 17,500 calories!), going low sodium apparently helped my body release a lot of that water weight. Hopefully I can take the rest off before this weekend's weigh in- I'd like to at least have zero loss instead of a gain.

I've got some more Select frozen item reviews for you! This food is really yummy.


Chicken Quesadilla (Frozen Lunch):



This was SO good. I love Mexican food in general (as you can probably tell!) and I love gooey, cheesy quesadillas. This one was really nicely seasoned and I enjoyed it very much (and wished there were more!). I used a little plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream since I didn't have any, and it was perfect. This was one of my favourite frozen lunches.


Breakfast Burrito (Frozen Breakfast):



Sometimes when I am flexing breakfast I make myself burrito style things, so I was looking forward to trying Nutrisystem's take on it. Again, I really enjoyed the zesty flavour and this entree is incredibly filling. I forgot to have my morning snack (I often save my dairy and fruit for later in the morning) and realized it was lunchtime!


Chicken Alfredo (Frozen Dinner):



I was a little nervous about this entree because I used to love alfredo style pastas but the shelf stable Penne Pasta & Chicken in Alfredo Sauce had a nasty reaction on my system- it felt like it triggered me to eat more. I was really happy that I gave this entree a try though! The sauce was thick and creamy, the serving was large and flavourful. There was enough sauce to add more vegetables to it, but not enough to drown the meal if you chose not to do that. One thing I am finding with these frozen meals is that they are so colourful and attractive. The vegetables all look like they were just sliced fresh and added to the meal and taste great- not mushy or watery like some frozen veggies do. I would have loved to have more of these in my Select frozen meal pack!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

5 comments:

  1. I made my own Quesadilla the other day. Really simple and it browned up nice with just a frying pan. I thought there was some trick, but apparently not. I'm not sure if I would try a frozen when they are so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quesadillas definitely are easy to make on your own. I have a recipe posted for one that counts as a Nutrisystem flex dinner. This was a nice light lunch, and you can't beat the convenience of just popping it into the microwave for 2 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you gained 5 pounds when trying to hard to lose weight. I'm in that boat myself. Glad I found your blog! Hopefully you can help keep me motivated...I'm trying to lose 30 pounds. It's so hard, especially now that I'm in my early 40's.

    I am a new follower via GFC and am visiting from the Thursday Blog Hop:)

    Katrina
    www.theyallcallmemom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a fabulous job - and I need some inspiration right now. I'm stuck. After losing 47 lbs of baby weight I'm stuck with the last 10. Ugh. So thanks for the meal tips. Love quesadillas!

    New follower from the hop, stop by when you get a chance!
    henry happened

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're inspirational!

    Kelly

    http://www.MommyWriterHood.com

    ReplyDelete