This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm Home!

I had a really nice vacation- and I'm proud to say that it's the first trip I have actually lost weight on, probably ever! That is one heck of a NSV. It was really great to have the Nutrisystem frozen meals waiting for me- and they were tempting enough that I didn't even want to go off plan!

I'm not going to post a weigh in since we're already too far into the week but I am really looking forward to seeing my ticker move this Sunday! I can feel my clothes fitting differently than they did even a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to exercise while I was out of town so I am really happy to be getting back to that as well.

While I was away, Nutrisystem also released two new shelf stable meals that I am really looking forward to trying soon: Butterscotch Pudding and Maple Flavored Breakfast Patty. They're on the way so I'll be writing about them soon!

In the meantime, I have reviews to share with you from the Nutrisystem Select frozen plan (US only). I really enjoyed the meals and would highly recommend you give the frozen plan a try if it's available to you!


Ravioli Formaggio (Frozen Dinner):



I remembered not being too crazy about the shelf stable ravioli dinners, if only because I found it psychologically frustrating to have only two raviolis for dinner. I wasn't sure how I'd like this but since there were two in my frozen meal pack, I was hoping I would!

I was pleasantly surprised by the sauce. It tasted thick and chunky and was lightly spiced with Italian herbs, as opposed to the thinner sauce used in the shelf stable Italian dishes. It actually reminded me of fresh crushed tomatoes with seasoning and tasted like it was a restaurant pasta meal. I really enjoyed it!


Ice Cream Sandwich (Frozen Dessert):



As soon as I saw the package I was very excited to see this! Most Nutrisystem meals are smaller than the items they "replace" for us, but this dessert was just as big as one you'd buy at the grocery store! It was very sweet but I found it was a very "light" sweetness so it wasn't overpowering. I really enjoyed the taste and it satisfied my ice cream cravings. I was very happy that three of them came in my frozen pack so I could have it more than once for dessert.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. The ice-cream sandwich is very good. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the recipes you have. The chicken salad pasta look really yummy. I am a new follwer and would love to have you follow back at creativesouthernhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete