This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm Still Here...

Sorry I haven't written much this week. My husband's out of town again and computer time has become a bit of a luxury with a toddler on the go! I've been really tired lately, too, so I haven't even been able to muster the energy to exercise, even though I know it makes me feel better. I really need to get back to it but it seems like there is always so much to do! I have no idea how single parents manage- especially if they have to work, too.

So I don't have a new recipe for you today, but I did want to share some thoughts. There was a discussion on the Nutrisystem boards where someone asked if other people told that they were on Nutrisystem, and I found it a really interesting question.

Personally, I shout it from the rooftops! I think that placing my first order with Nutrisystem was the best decision I've made for my health in a very long time. One year ago, I was extremely fat and unhappy, and now look at me (I need to post another photo!). I would never imagine that I could have changed so much in such a short time, and I can't wait to see what changes this year will bring.

Nutrisystem gave me the tools I needed to learn about healthy, sustainable weight loss. Not to mention that you guys know I really do enjoy the food! I find it a fun challenge to recreate as many of my favourite foods as possible, and playing around with the Nutrisystem entrees helps me make some interesting and tasty meals.

At this point in my journey, I'm telling everyone about my success with the program because I want to help people make changes in their lives, too. Sometimes a little support is all it takes to get your friends or family started. I think of myself as a role model for health and weight loss, and it means a lot to me to know that I am helping to inspire others to become healthier. You can be one, too. As the pounds and inches start dropping off, I am sure that people will start asking you how you do it!

I don't see any reason not to tell people why I'm following a weight loss program. I'm not ashamed or self conscious; I am proud that I took the steps to make myself a healthier person. At first I got a twinge of embarrassment when I told people how much weight I'd lost and plan to lose, but now I see it as a badge of success. Yes, I have lost 116 lbs since I had my son. Yes, that means I was incredibly overweight. But- I'm NOT ANYMORE. So why shouldn't I be proud of myself?

I'm planning on getting one of these Nutrisystem Sports Bottles. They're only $1.50 (and you can add them to your auto delivery to get free shipping!) and not only is it a great way to make sure you're getting your water in, but it's a great way to share your success with others.



Be proud of yourself for what you're doing, whether you've just placed your order or have been on the program for a while. Take pride in your accomplishments, and celebrate the little moments along the way.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

3 comments:

  1. That's one of the reasons I got a Nutrisystem water bottle. I am so proud of NS, I want everyone to know! I just got it today. I don't go out much because I work at home, but I'll have this water bottle for many years, so who knows who may see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud too! I love going to morning staff meetings with my nutrisystem breakfasts and showing it off! :o)

    Susie, I had a question for you...I changed my Nutrisystem plan around so I'm shopping a la carte and getting just breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. I am STOCKED on dinners (for some reason...) What I'm wondering is if there are guidelines to follow for "nutrisystem friendly" recipes when I start cooking my own dinners. I talked with a nutrisystem person on the live chat, but I think she was confused on what I was asking. I figured you would know best! :o) Thanks so much for your wonderful website! It has been so inspiring and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,

    How much cheaper is it for you to do that? I ask because you can eat a dinner for lunch if you wish, you simply don't add the extra dairy/protein serving. That way you can eat 2 dinners a day. A la carte is quite expensive and you don't get your auto delivery discount so you may not be saving much money at all. Not to mention that the food keeps for quite some time (6-18 months depending on the item) so as long as you're going to eat it it doesn't hurt to have a lot. I always keep more than a month's worth of food on hand because I like having more variety to choose from.

    Are you on the Women's Basic plan? If so, just send me an email and I'll forward you the Flex meal planner.

    ReplyDelete