This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Trip to the Doctor

Today I went to my doctor for a physical. I hadn't been in since my son was 6 weeks old for a follow up visit. I remember at the time when they did our family's new patient intake form how much it bothered me when I saw the nurse discreetly mark the Obese check box in the health risks section of my profile. When they brought me in and said they were going to check my height, weight, and blood pressure, I was never happier to get on that scale!

The nurses were all really impressed with how much weight I've lost. Counting up to my last "official" weigh in here on Stomach Rumblings, I have lost 116 lbs since the doctor's office weighed me last. They also ordered some bloodwork for me- I am really looking forward to seeing how the weight loss has affected things like my cholesterol level, which was always quite high.

But really- who would ever have thought that I'd look forward to a physical?


Even though it's still snowy outside, I'm already missing the ice cream from the Nutrisystem Select program. I used to eat ice cream all the time, so even though I didn't really notice it during my year without any, now that I've had it again I do miss it! I'm sure that on a warm summer evening these would be the perfect treat.


Caramel Swirl Sundae (Frozen Dessert):



This doesn't really look anything like the photo on the Nutrisystem site, but it's good! It looks exactly like those little sundae cups you used to be able to buy at convenience stores with the little wooden spoons. And it tastes just as yummy! I love caramel and really enjoyed this. I was thinking that if I had the opportunity to have it again, I would save a fruit serving and put this over banana slices.


Fudge Swirl Sundae (Frozen Dessert):



Again, the fudge sundae on the website looks better than the one you get, but it still tastes awesome. The fudge is thick and rich but it doesn't overpower the ice cream. I really liked it.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment