This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Review: Shenzhen Knives



This week I had the opportunity to try out a new cooking gadget- a ceramic knife. I've read about them before but never had the chance to try one. I received a 6" ceramic chef knife from Shenzhen Knives and decided to put it through the toughest challenge I know- butternut squash.

Those of you who have made my Cajun Fries know that while butternut squash is exceptionally tasty, it's a pain in the behind to peel and cut into French fries. My husband asked me if I thought this was really a fair test for the knife and he's probably right that it was not, but we decided to do it anyway and see how it stacked up against the usual serrated metal knife we use.

My husband wanted to try it out himself, so he volunteered to cut the squash fries. We were both really impressed with how easily this ceramic knife sliced through the squash. It made the job much quicker and easier than it usually was.



We liked that there are no serrations in this ceramic knife for food to get stuck in (which can be a pain to clean) yet it still produces a sharp, straight cut. Care is simple; just wash it in soapy water and store it in a knife block or in its case.

I tried it out on some softer vegetables and still had great results, even when using a tomato. I'm sure you know from experience how tomatoes can get crushed and soggy when you chop them with a knife, but Shenzhen's ceramic knife cut a neat slice with no mess.



If you're looking for a new set of knives, I highly recommend checking out Shenzhen Knives' website.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

1 comment:

  1. sweet review. makes me want to look into it. I love that it cuts through tough foods and through soft foods. :) Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete