This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soon...

I went to the mall today and decided just for the heck of it to try on some clothes. There was a huge clearance sale going on and some really nice clothes were being massively discounted. I picked up a few pairs of jeans and went to try them on. The first pair I tried on, to my shock, was too big! I haven't worn that size in years because it was too small, so the last thing I was expecting was to have it hang off me!

I tried the next size down, and it was tight, but I could put them on and zip them up! I was so excited. Honestly, I can't remember ever wearing this size. I am sure I must have at some point when I was growing up but it's not something I recall and I don't own any clothes in this size. I'm not quite ready to wear them out yet, but I'm sure as long as I keep exercising that by the time I earn my next Nutribear that I'll be rocking my new jeans! I can't wait.

It's finally starting to click that I'm coming to the end of the rope. I have a relatively small amount of weight still to lose. I am going to get there! Maybe, despite it all, I wasn't really convinced of it until I did up the button on these jeans.

My weight loss is starting to slow down but I am okay with that. I am going to get there, so I'm not going to worry if it takes a few weeks long than I planned. I'll just keep taking it one week at a time.

I lost one pound this week and that's still a normal healthy weight loss. It's one pound that is gone forever. One pound at a time, I will reach my goal.

5 comments:

  1. SusieQ - I know you hear this all the time but you are amazing!@!! I am still a newbie (8 weeks in) but I stumbled upon your website early on. If I get to my goal (still trying to have faith in myself) ... first I will have Nutri system to thank but equally I have you as well!! I am a gourmet cook and baker but I am so tunnel vision. See box. Take entree out. Open entree, Nuke. Steam broccoli. Put on plate with entree. I can't quite get creative!! But your recipes have satisfied my cooking need and bulk everything up to be so delicious - I just absolutely love them! I did the crepes this weekend. Thought I was in heaven. Did your Mushroom Risotto tonight - YUM. I have loved your Grown up Mac and Cheese, and today I had your Beef Strogonoff ...and I thought there is no way this can be this good - it is so satisfying that I don't feel deprived whatsoever. Early on I had the Cheese Tortellini Pepp. Bake. This weekend hope to try your Lasagna with the Ravioli. I have made the Eggplant Rotini -- unbelievably good. Your Gumbo, your cheese sauce for veggies ... I could just go on and on. Oh Lord - I sound like a stalker. LOL! Everytime I think I'm missing out on something ... I make one of your dishes and it reaffirms to me, I CAN DO THIS. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are so amazing to share this journey with us all.
    FranCann (Carol) - from Fredericksburg VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I am so glad to hear comments like yours! I want my journey to help inspire others and hopefully having some more creative ideas with the food makes it easier for us all to stay on track.

    You can do it! I look forward to hearing about your success and seeing your After picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry susie!! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Gosh, when you're done, I hope you won't disappear on us. I'd miss you. Maybe you'll stay with us and share your maintenance journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria- absolutely. After all, once I reach goal, the journey isn't over!

    Hopefully I'll still be able to come up with new recipe ideas to share here.

    ReplyDelete