This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

On the Road Again...

I'm pretty excited- I leave tomorrow for Kentucky to visit a friend of mine. I'm really looking forward to it! Another awesome thing about going is that I will be able to review the Nutrisystem Select frozen foods. Since they are unfortunately not available to Canadians at this time (I can imagine the issues of trying to get ice cream through Customs before it melted!) I haven't been able to try them until now.

I am not sure how much time I'll be able to get online to post while I'm there, but if you don't see the reviews over the next week, I'll share them when I get back.

Now I'm sure you're waiting to hear my weigh in results, right? Unfortunately, you're going to have to keep waiting! The batteries in my scale died and I don't have time to buy new ones before I get packed to leave for the airport.

So, I have a recipe for you instead, which came from an idea I saw on the NS boards. Enjoy!


Apple Strudel Scone (Breakfast):



Pumpkin Apple Pie:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Apple Strudel Scone
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp ricotta cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp Splenda

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grind up the scone into crumbs in a food processor. Spray the bottom of a baking dish (or two!) with Pam Butter Spray and pour the crumbs into the dish(es). In your food processor, mix the remaining ingredients together well. Pour the batter into the dish(es) and bake for ten minutes, then turn the heat down to 350 degrees and bake until filling is set (about 15 minutes in my oven). Enjoy warm!

I found that the crumbs were so light that they took up more than half of my usual single serving casserole dish, so the whole thing didn't fit into one dish. It was actually nice to have breakfast in two parts since this is a tasty and very filling entree. Count it as a complete breakfast.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I read this recipe, I made a mad dash for my pantry and food processor!! I made it up at night and ate it for breakfast the next morning- it was soooo good! And HUGE! I was so full that I wasn't even hungry when lunch rolled around! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete