This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Loving Those Lunches

I've always felt that lunch was the weakest meal on the Nutrisystem program. There are several entrees that I love, like most of the lunch bars, the Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes, and now the Italian Style Wedding Soup. But overall, I find that lunch is the easiest meal for me to get bored. I loved having the Select frozen options available because they not only gave me more variety with lunch, but they were really good to boot! I'm sad that I won't be able to get them again until I either visit the US again or if they find a way to sell them to Canadian customers.


Roasted Vegetable Pizza (Frozen Lunch):



I loved the flavour of the veggies on this pizza! Normally I add stuff to my pizzas, but I decided to try all the Select items pretty much as is. This one, in my opinion, needs absolutely nothing done to it- it's great with no doctoring required. I was a little nervous about cooking it in the microwave, since I don't even nuke grilled cheese sandwiches at home because the bread gets soggy, but it comes with a little microwave cooking tray so I decided to give it a try. I was really excited to see that the crust did indeed come out crisp! It was nice and thick, and it had the texture of a Pizza Hut crust without all the grease. I really enjoyed this and would definitely eat it again if I could!


Steak and Cheese Melt (Frozen Lunch):



I'm not a big steak fan myself, so I was expecting not to like this just because it's not to my taste. That disappointed me since there were two in my frozen pack, but I wanted to give it a fair try. It looks like a McDonalds apple pie (except bigger) when I put it on the plate. It actually tasted pretty good! I loved the gravy and the steak taste was mild so I found it inoffensive. I would have appreciated some more veggies inside, maybe green peppers and onions, so perhaps if I ate this again I'd use my dinner fat to fry some in olive oil and pour them on top. It's just fine if you want to eat it as is, though!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments: