This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More New Reviews

I'm continuing my quest to try everything Nutrisystem has to offer... even the stuff that doesn't sound good to me. I'm really surprised at how many things there are left for me to sample! Their menu doesn't really look that big but I guess it is bigger than I thought it was.

Here are some more new entree reviews.


Berries and Multigrain Flakes (Breakfast):



Again, not really a cereal person but I like fruit so I thought, maybe this one will be OK. Well, where are the berries? I think there was maybe two chunks of berry in the whole bowl. As for the rest of it, it was just regular cereal... it was edible but I didn't really care for it at all.


Cranberry Granola Bar (Breakfast):



I was apprehensive about this as well since Nutrisystem has a pretty bad track record in my opinion with granola bars- the chocolate chip one is the only one I find palatable. Although this one actually does have chunks of cranberry in it (unlike the Apple Granola Bar), it still tasted not quite right to me. And aside from that, if I'm having a grab and go breakfast, I'd much rather have a pastry than a granola bar- it's just more psychologically satisfying in my opinion.


Cajun Style Chicken and Sausage with Rice (Dinner):



I saved a protein serving to make this into jambalaya! I chopped up onions and green peppers and faux fried them in a pan sprayed with PAM, and added Aylmer Accents Spicy Red Pepper tomatoes, Old Bay seafood spice, and 3oz of fresh shrimp. It made a huge bowl and it was pretty good. I think I need to add more spice next time because I like my jambalaya to have a bite to it and this was still on the bland side but we can work with that. When I was eating it, for some reason I was thinking it wouldn't make me full, but it did. My only question is, where was the sausage? The chicken chunks were plentiful but I don't think I got even a single piece of sausage, or if I did I couldn't taste it. This won't make my favourites list but I would eat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment