This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Some More New Entrees

I made a list of how many of Nutrisystem's current offerings I still hadn't sampled, and was a little taken aback at how many there were! That doesn't even include the discontinued items that I have in my cupboard. So I am now on a mission to try them as quickly as possible.

I had some good surprises, and some not so good ones. But now at least I know!


Vegetarian Chili (Dinner):



This was surprisingly good- it has the same flavour as the Chili with Beans and I didn't even notice the missing meat. I probably wouldn't order it instead of the one with meat, simply because I like meat, but if you're looking for a vegetarian meal you won't go far wrong with this one.


Southwest Style Chicken (Dinner):



I figure that this discontinued meal was the precursor for the Southwest Style wrap. There do seem to be darn good reasons why it was discontinued, though! I used a fork in the dish so you could see there was indeed a large piece of chicken in there, but it was floating in so much liquid that it may as well have been a soup. There wasn't anything really wrong with the flavour of the sauce but there was just so much of it. Also, the texture of the chicken reminded me of bad '90s airplane food- rubbery and cardboard all at the same time. I am not sure if this is because the meal was past its date or if it really tasted that way back when it was on the menu, but I wouldn't have given it a second glance.


Homestyle Beef with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy (Dinner):



Now this was a pleasant surprise! I'm much more of a pasta person than a meat & potatoes person, as you can probably tell from the order in which I've been reviewing entrees! This meal doesn't look very photogenic but that is an enormous pile of mashed potatoes sitting in the middle of the sauce. It tasted a lot more like beef stew than gravy and I loved it. This one will definitely be on my auto delivery in the future.


Thai Style Noodles with Peanut Sauce and Tofu (Dinner):



Yeah... another entree that was discontinued for a reason! It did deliver a mild peanut taste and it was edible, but that's about it. It was bland and uninspired- those of you who enjoy Asian cooking know that it tends to have a great deal of flavour- this did not. I was disappointed since there are currently no Thai offerings on the NS menu, and in fact most of the Asian style meals are lacking.

1 comment:

  1. Count me in as a fan of the vegetarian chili! It was very filling and quite tasty too!

    ReplyDelete