This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Reviews

So, I started my experiment of trying ALL the entrees- even the ones that I'm a little dubious of. It has been a little hit or miss, but at least I know now and I'm not avoiding them! And besides, it frees up some cupboard space for the entrees that I do enjoy.

Three Cheese Pasta with Chicken (Dinner):



This one's been hanging around since I was on the Canadian site back in February! I did try it once a long time ago but forgot to review it at the time, and it wasn't all that great then so I hadn't really been looking forward to eating it again. I avoided the lunch version as well since I was afraid it would be similar but was happily surprised by the new entree.

The dinner version? Well... it tasted to me like a "diet" version of Kraft dinner with rubbery chicken chunks and dehydrated vegetables. Since the NS Macaroni and Cheese is so good, I was surprised at how disappointing this was. Maybe that's why it was discontinued! It was edible, but I would never order it even if it was available.


Turkey Tetrazzini (Dinner):



I avoided this one for a long time because it got almost uniformly negative reviews on the Nutrisystem boards. However, I've learned the lesson that it's important to try everything for yourself, because everyone has different tastes. An entree you hate is probably someone else's favourite (case in point- I love the veggie fajita and that gets awful reviews, too).

I was surprised by this entree- not only is it one of the lowest calorie dinners, but it's quite tasty! Many NS meals have the meat shredded, but this one had nice big chunks of turkey and the sauce was quite flavourful. It looked creamy but tasted more broth based. I bet this would make a great soup with chicken stock + veggies. This won't make my top ten list, but I would definitely eat it again.


Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Cheese (Lunch):



This entree has been long gone, but I managed to get hold of one and figured I'd give it a try. It was definitely past its best before date but I figured, hey, it's powdered and dehydrated- how bad can it be?

Well... this one kind of made me realize that perhaps I should soon end my search for discontinued entrees because they are just getting too old to safely consume. It is food, after all, and the last thing I want to do is make myself sick. This entree is pretty much exactly like the Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes- add boiling water to the fill line, cover, and serve. What you see in the photo is the result- it just didn't look right so I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and it ended up in the trash can. Honestly, I was more curious about how the flavour would be since sweet potatoes and cheese seems like an odd pairing to me, but I guess I'll never know!


White Cheddar Soy Chips (Dessert):



I liked the Sour Cream & Onion Soy Chips, so I was expecting to like these and I wasn't surprised. They taste just like mini rice cakes with seasoning on them. I am more of a sweets girl than a salty one but every once in a while, these really hit the spot. I definitely recommend giving them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment