This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Birthday Party

I still can't believe my baby turned one yesterday. Where did the time go? A guest took a nice photo of our family but I don't have a copy of it yet- I'll share it when I do.

I got so many compliments on my weight loss- that made me feel really good. I am back to not having a lot to wear but given how short a period of time I've had my "new" jeans for, it feels so wasteful to buy new clothes! At least it's winter and I can wear bulky stuff and not look out of place, but I really don't want to anymore. Oh well- by this time next year I'll be able to wear whatever I want.

The party was a success- my son had a wonderful time and was spoiled rotten, lots of people came to celebrate him, and there was lots of good food and good company. Most of the food was health conscious and everyone still enjoyed it. Parties don't have to be full of grease! We served chicken and pork shish kebabs, prime rib beef burgers (those were big so were a little high in calories), my macaroni salad and squash fries, and a fresh fruit tray and a veggie tray with dip made from FF sour cream and Hidden Valley Ranch powder. The cake was also made at a special bakery- it was gluten free and made with organic ingredients- no refined sugars or white flour. It was actually pretty good as far as cakes go- not too sweet but still yummy.

Instead of having one of the prime rib burgers, I made myself a Nutrisystem Flame Broiled Beef Patty on a Weight Watchers roll, and I enjoyed some of the macaroni salad and squash fries for my lunch. I did eat not one but two slices of Matthew's birthday cake, but I'm OK with the decision I made, especially since I avoided eating other bad stuff. And of course, today I am back on the wagon.

Here's the birthday boy with his first taste of cake! I actually wasn't all that surprised to see he didn't care for it- he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. I hope he stays that way as he gets older.



I'm a little disappointed to finish down only 0.6lb this week, but I'm still really happy with my progress and hopefully I'll gear up for a big week next week and earn my 70lb bear!

I still have a few more Fruit Week recipes to share, but my husband is going out of town tomorrow and I don't spend as much time cooking when he's away because I'm tired. Those are the times when I'm more of a "heat and eat" girl! So I'm going to save those recipes to try later and my next plan is to go ahead and eat as many as I can of the items in my cupboard that I haven't tried yet. I've been on Nutrisystem for 8 months now and there are still many items on their menu I haven't eaten! My plan is to review them all so I'd better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment