This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, October 11, 2010

And Some More New Stuff...

I have to start this off with a plug- I had this for a snack today and I was really impressed!

Sometimes my meals are a little erratic when my husband is out of town and my son isn't feeling well. He's cutting two new teeth so he needs a lot of my attention. So I found myself absolutely starving at 5pm and I needed something quick and easy. I decided to open a pack of GG Scandinavian Bran Crispbread and give it a try. I have to say that it didn't look very appetizing out of the package- just like big brown crackers. But they were large, and only 12 calories each so you can have 2 for a free food. I decided to use them to make a similar snack to my Turkey Herbed Crackers, and spread 1 tbsp of Philadelphia Low Fat Herb & Garlic cream cheese on them and used some fat free ham slices on top to make up the rest of my dairy serving. Sorry, no photo- I was really hungry!

Then I got busy getting the baby ready for bed and when I came downstairs at 7:30, I realized I wasn't hungry. I still felt full. I waited and waited but I just didn't get hungry! Finally at 8:30 I made my dinner since I know I need to eat it but I was amazed at how full those two little crackers made me. I really liked my turkey cracker snack but I would have been interested in my dinner if I had used plain crackers- the fiber in these crispbreads was amazing and I will definitely be using them in the future! I have also read that some people use them to make sandwiches- it says if you premake the sandwich and wrap it up in foil and refrigerate, the bread softens enough to be more sandwich-like. I haven't tried it yet but I may do so in the future.

And here are a couple more new reviews... I'm determined to review every single item that Nutrisystem offers!


Scrambled Eggs (Breakfast):



I was very dubious about these when I opened the package. I wasn't wild about the Egg Frittata so I didn't know if I'd enjoy these either. I decided to make these on the stove since I read on the NS boards that they tasted better that way instead of in the microwave. When I mixed in the water, I was even more dubious- there were little chunks that I couldn't beat out. I just gave up and poured it into the pan. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it did turn egg-y though! I decided to scramble it. I considered adding a serving of Egg Beaters for my dairy but figured I'd give them a try straight up so I could write a balanced review- I only added some black pepper.

They weren't bad! I'm not the world's biggest fan of eating straight Egg Beaters either (give me a real egg any day!) but the taste was pretty similar and there was a lot of egg to enjoy. However, I can see why they discontinued this item. It actually has only 80 calories and they don't suggest you add a carb- for the life of me I can't figure out why. Adding a low GI carb would bring it more in line with the average breakfast entree- as it is, the stats actually fit a dairy serving instead of a breakfast entree! I know that the plan is designed that you can eat any meal in each category and still come in the appropriate caloric range for your program, but if I had this meal followed by, say, the Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing with Diced Chicken, I'd probably be feeling sick by midafternoon because of the shortage of carbs (that's another entree that I can't fathom why they don't include croutons or something). So the verdict is that I would definitely eat these again, but I'd much rather have a sweet entree and add egg of my own if I'm in the mood for it so that I can have the best of both worlds.


BBQ Sauce Over Beef, Beans, & Rice (Dinner):



I expected this to be similar to the BBQ Sauce with Pork Wrap, but was a little surprised to find out that the sauce was different. It was a little less sweet, I think, although it's hard to say for sure without comparing both entrees side by side. I remembered thinking that I liked the sauce on the wrap better though.

However, I did enjoy this entree. The beef chunks were large and I liked the seasoning on the rice. It won't make my top ten list but I would definitely eat it again. It made a nice change from my usual favourites of pasta, pizza, and burgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment