This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Garfield as a role model?

I got this comic in my email today and thought it was appropriate to share.



Garfield has been resisting diets for decades because of the lasagna he loves so dearly (maybe if he tried my NS friendly dish he wouldn't be so averse to it!). Of course, since he's a cartoon character, he's probably never going to have a heart attack, or a stroke, or diabetes.

I just found the comic funny because I think some items in restaurants SHOULD have skull and crossbones on them because of what they are doing to you! I used to love eating at the Pickle Barrel, a delicious chain restaurant. My favourite entree there, Baby Shrimp and Crab Pasta (which even comes with whole wheat pasta!) has over 1500 calories and 85 grams of fat, most of it saturated! Have you read this Men's Health article (I love that magazine, my husband gets it) about the 20 Worst Foods in America? Nobody needs to eat like that. As we're all finding out, food can taste good without being full of fat, salt, and sugar.

So, the choice is yours- who is your role model? For now, I'll stick with Marie Osmond and Dan Marino!

No comments:

Post a Comment