This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Working Down the List...

I've still got several items left to review, but I'm getting there! Hopefully I'll be finished before the NEW items come out. Yes, you heard me- there are new Nutrisystem menu items on the way! We haven't been told when they will arrive but I will do my best to get them and review them ASAP once they are available. What I have been told is that we are getting Southern Style Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast, some kind of chocolate wafer cookies for dessert, and popcorn for another dessert. I am not sure if there will be more items, nor do I have any other details- sorry! Hopefully they will be released soon so we can all give them a try!

In the meantime, here are some more entrees!


Chicken Noodle Soup (Lunch):



As you can see from the French writing on this label, this can has been around since the time I was on the Nutrisystem Canada program back in February. Yes, there's a reason for that! I just can't think of chicken noodle soup as a meal. As a side with a nice grilled cheese sandwich, maybe. Also, I find that although I don't like salty things and never add salt to anything, I feel that chicken noodle soup should be salty, and this doesn't taste salty. When I'm sick and don't feel like eating, I choose this entree. Other than that... it'll be one of those meals sitting in the back of my cupboard behind the stuff I really like.


Peanut Butter Cookie (Dessert):



I always loved the taste of rich peanut butter cookies, warm out of the oven. I know peanut butter is really high in fat so obviously the amount used in the recipe would have to be limited, but I found this somewhat lacking. The texture of the cookie was right but the flavour just wasn't there. I find it is much improved if you microwave it for a few seconds to mimic the just-out-of-the-oven feel and spread your 1 tsp of peanut butter on the top (save your fat serving for this- PB2 just didn't cut it for me this time). Would I eat it again? Yes, but there are so many other desserts that I much prefer that this is way down the list.


Tuna Salad (Lunch):



I hate tuna. I hate the smell and the texture. I knew I wasn't going to like this one, so doing the review would be pointless because even if it was the finest tuna in the world prepared by a 5 star chef, I wouldn't eat it. I passed this one off to my mother, who thinks tuna is a daily staple. Her verdict? It's a little more mayonnaise-y than she likes, but she adds a dairy/protein serving worth of canned tuna to it and puts it over a salad. She saves the carb serving for later. She orders about eight of these a month, so it's definitely one of her favourites. I still won't eat it, though! So keep in mind that all these reviews are based on my palate; some things I love you might hate and vice versa. It's always best to try everything for yourself (twice!) to find out what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment