This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pencil Shavings

I always thought that line from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was hilarious- where Willy Wonka, being asked about breakfast cereal, says something like "Breakfast cereal? Who would want to eat that? Breakfast cereal is like those curly little shavings you find in pencil sharpeners!".

I've always kind of stuck to that, too. I don't drink milk so eating cereal has never really been part of my lifestyle. I did like Multigrain Cheerios dry as a snack, but never really as a breakfast item. It's not surprising that the Nutrisystem cereals are among the last of the items on my list to be reviewed. I'm plugging away, though!


Whole Grain O's Cereal (Breakfast):



These look like pretty deformed Cheerios, and have about as much flavour as those pencil shavings Mr Wonka was talking about. I could deal with eating them dry as a snack but I find them pretty lacking as a breakfast. They just don't feel as filling as some of the other options.


Nutricinnamon Squares Cereal (Breakfast):



I was expecting something more along the lines of a diet version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but saw this mixture instead. Now this, I think, would make a nice trail mix snack- add some raisins for your fruit, nuts for your fat, and maybe soy nuts for a dairy/protein serving. There was a nice cinnamon taste to the squares and the other bits had a satisfying crunch. Again though, I wouldn't want to eat it as cereal but may order it to have as a dessert replacement during the day.


Nutrifrosted Crunch Cereal (Breakfast):



This wasn't bad but it didn't have any qualities that stood out to me. I did eat it, but it didn't strike me as something I'd order again. It was pretty bland and boring.

1 comment:

  1. I mix these in with my yoghurt and berries for breakfast. Helga

    ReplyDelete