This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stall Broken!

There's a reason why Nutrisystem weight loss counselors tell you to weigh yourself only once a week! Since the day I cheated on my program, I've gotten into the very bad habit of daily weighing, and it is incredibly frustrating and demoralizing. There are natural fluctuations in your body weight during a week that may have nothing to do with what you ate or drank and you wouldn't even know about them if you just weighed yourself once a week like you're supposed to.

I've been gaining and losing the same three pounds it feels like every day for two weeks. On my weigh in days I was down, but during the week it would shoot back up again higher than what I weighed in at. I felt so frustrated and like I wasn't making any progress, though if you look at my ticker over the last 3 weeks you'll see I lost 3.8lbs, so there was definitely movement even if it's slowing down. And that included Matthew's birthday party and Thanksgiving!

I am definitely going back to once a week weighins because it's not worth the stress. I don't want to be brought down when I know I am doing well and succeeding! That's what matters... not the daily fluctuation on the scale.

3 comments:

  1. Fay says...

    Way to go, Susie! I've gotten stuck a few times myself and know how frustrating it can be. I tried to keep the bigger picture in my head instead of focusing on the one number and it did help a bit.

    I weigh myself each day as well and I only do it to keep me honest. I don't let the number discourage me and simply use it as a way to judge if I'm still on track.

    If it shows more than 2 pounds, I know I have to be more careful but I'm flexing a lot so that may also have something to do with trying to keep myself honest.

    Congrats on breaking that stall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tempted to weigh more than once....but I would become obsessed with my one or two pound changes during the week and be inclined to cheat. I encourage you to stay off the scale except for your ONE weigh in day.

    Good luck...wish me luck. We are going to Disneyworld....I know there will be LOTS of walking, but there will also be lots of tempting food around. We plan to take bars for our lunch in the park and look for places that we can order veggies or salads. I know there will be slip ups but if we plan ahead, I think we can make this a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley- good luck on your trip! Just remember that it really doesn't taste as good as you remember it- trust someone who's been there!

    If you want to make it through, you'll be able to do it. And have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete