This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Saturday, March 16, 2024

45 Strong Challenge: Day 13

 I have to admit that I'm glad today is my active recovery day and I didn't have to get up early to haul ass to the gym. Their sole weekend classes start at 9am, so I don't get to sleep in at all if I want to eat breakfast and then take the half hour walk over there. And after a long week, sometimes it's nice to sleep in!

Today I'll just be doing a 60 min walk for my active recovery to meet the challenge requirements. Nothing too strenuous. I haven't decided where I'm going yet. Just relaxing, had a yummy breakfast of Kodiak Chocolate Protein Waffles although today I used maple syrup instead of caramel syrup.

The morning felt okay, but I started having a bad day emotionally in the afternoon. I find when I am having these down days sometimes I find it hard to figure out what to eat because absolutely nothing sounds good. That means I don't want to eat anything. But because of my diabetes, if I don't eat, I'll get really sick from hypoglycemia and that tends to ruin whatever is left of my day because by the time I get sick, eating something will only help for a little while and then I get the headache and nausea back for the rest of the day.

So, I'm eating, but nothing appeals, so that's a frustration. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.



Day 13 down.

I did:

  • 70 minutes of walking.
  • drank 3.5 litres of water!
  • did my dental care!
  • 31 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. They just added some more new vocabulary and I am feeling pretty far behind. I think I am going to need to put some more work in to keep on pace.



No comments:

Post a Comment