This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 25, 2024

Week 72 Weigh In & 45 Strong Challenge: Day 22

 Yay- the scale is moving again! I hope this keeps up for a little while! Again, I know that when you're gaining muscle that the scale might not move for a while because muscle is heavy, but it's still a bummer to work hard and stay within my calories and not see that number drop even when it's literally only one factor in weight loss. But I really needed the boost this week. It's first thing Monday morning and I'm already exhausted and I haven't even gone to work yet let alone gone to F45 today. Those Monday workouts are really rough! It's six pods of three exercises each, which all target the same muscle group. You work out for five minutes with only a ten second break between a full set of three. It's really strenuous- and they're not easy exercises either! 

That being said, my fitness tracker says that my cardio fitness score is slowly increasing, and that's awesome. Yet another visible marker that my health is improving. So while these cardio sets feel very hard hopefully they will get easier. Although I'm sure when they get easier, my favourite trainer that I love to hate will find a way to make them difficult again!

I have been trying to keep my calories towards the higher end of my range because of the high amount of exercise I'm doing during this challenge, so I guess I will keep doing that. I had been worried because the past few days the proportion of carbs has swung a little bit higher so I thought maybe that was going to stall me but I've been so tired that I think my body has genuinely needed the extra energy. My glucose readings are all still within range so I'm not going to worry about it. I do try to get 100g of protein daily but meal planning gets more difficult the more tired I am, and life has been stressful lately. I'm hoping to do some batch cooking this week so that I can just grab a container of leftovers out of the fridge for lunches rather than figure out what to make. I bought a bunch of meal prep containers that are all the same and instead of storing food in serving dishes in the fridge, I portion them out into appropriate meal sizes so they're just grab and go. Bonus- they even look like they're in takeout containers for that little extra bit of feeling like it's junk food!

Today I noticed that I was hungrier- I'm wondering if I do need to keep my calories higher? I'll have to see how it goes. I had to squeeze in my morning snack today even though timing was weird because I was just so hungry. It's not the kind of hunger that feels like Ozempic isn't controlling things- just normal hunger. I'll see how it goes.

Still keeping my dose at 0.75mg for now... I'd really like to save that last boost to 1mg for when I stall closer to my goal weight. Since I'm taking Ozempic for diabetes and not for weight loss, I won't be prescribed a dose higher than 1mg, since it's definitely helping my A1C. So if that's my last increase, I want to make it count and hopefully help my weight loss start moving again when I really need it. I admit it's been tempting lately since I've only lost 6 lbs in the last 3 months but I keep telling myself to give the exercise a chance to work. Muscle burns more fat, and I've definitely put some muscle on. Since the scale had been staying the same, that means I have actually been losing fat while I gain the muscle, since I didn't gain weight. So my daily calories burned should increase as long as I keep up with the F45- and that means the fat loss should start to increase as well. It's a marathon, not a sprint. I'll be patient and keep doing what I'm doing even when I don't feel very patient and want results RIGHT NOW!! A 2 plus pound weight loss in a week at this stage of the game is great!

Onwards and downwards... I'm nearly halfway through the 45 Strong challenge!


I did:

  • 60 minutes of walking and 38 minutes at F45 for a total of 98 active minutes. Today was the last week of the Loyals workout which is a brutal cardio workout.
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 31 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 


OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 69 gain: 0.2 lbs
OZ Week 70 gain: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 71 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 72 loss: 2.2 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 75.8 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment