This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

45 Strong Challenge: Day 16

 Having a lot of external life stressors today. I'm surprised that my first reaction isn't just to go and hide as much as possible. Right about now it feels like I am finally getting some kind of positive emotional fulfillment from going to the gym, and I would feel worse if I gave it up. So, I'm going! Not to mention I like the Tuesday workout the best with its progressive overload on weights and I don't want to miss it or go to the evening class which messes up dinnertime.

Had my quick and easy high protein breakfast to start my day, so that even if it's going to be a rough one, I'll have started with something healthy. Two runny yolk eggs cooked sunny side up on Weight Watchers toast topped with a couple of slices of deli ham and a cheese slice. The protein should keep me going.

I'm finding my muscles are tired today. I couldn't lift as heavy as I've been lifting the past week or so and I had to go down. That's okay. I still showed up! I said to my trainer today that this challenge is the one thing that is within my control. I can't control the scale if my body is having a weird day. I can't control how fast I gain muscle or lose fat. But I can show up for myself.



I did:

  • 25 minutes of walking and 42 minutes at F45 for a total of X active minutes. Today was the Titans workout which is progressive overload weightlifting. 
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 32 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment