This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 18, 2024

Week 71 Weigh in & 45 Strong Challenge Day 15

So, we're back to the ping pong ball a bit. In the last 4 weeks I've lost a whole 0.2 lbs, which is a wee bit less than I'd been hoping for. That being said, I can see that I have visibly gained muscle, so there is obviously some body recomposition going on. Would I rather be down a few pounds and not see those changes? I mean honestly no. So I'll have to tolerate the frustration of the scale not moving while things sort themselves out a bit.

I'm just rereading that and want to give myself a bit of a smack. I mean, I am down 2.4 lbs this week. It might feel a bit artificial since the jump last week came out of the blue so I guess it really feels to me like the last three weeks netted out to nothing, but it could be that things are finally moving again. Either way? I should try to be less whiny when there is a good size drop, no matter what it feels like.

I'm just tired and having some mental health struggles unrelated to my health or this challenge. On the plus side? I don't feel like giving up because I'm struggling. I feel like this is the one thing I am doing for my self care lately, and that if I gave up I'd feel much worse. Once today is in the books I'll be a third of the way through the challenge and I haven't missed a day yet. This is a time limited challenge and it's not measured by outcomes- it's simply measured by doing it. It won't matter what the scale says, or how much I've improved or not improved fitness-wise; all I have to do is to keep trying and I'll have succeeded. That's really empowering! I don't have to rely on my body not being fickle. As long as I get out there, I'll be a winner. So I'm going to keep going and doing my best!

Speaking of being a winner, I signed up for a FREE HealthyWage $10,000 weight loss challenge. It started yesterday, but people can keep joining if they missed the first day- you just have a little less time on your challenge. It doesn't cost anything to sign up but if you are successful you will win money! They divide the prize pool by the number of winners. It won't be a lot of money but free money is a good thing! In this case, you have to lose 4% of your starting weight by April 25. Feel free to join me- it costs absolutely nothing if you don't succeed and if you win- well, you're down the weight and a few dollars richer!




I think I dislike the cardio at F45 because the intensity is much higher than what I've been doing with Walk at Home, and my stamina just isn't there yet. I feel my body complaining about not getting those breaks like we do with the weights, but I mean I would do 45-60 min of a Walk at Home video without taking breaks at all. The intensity and the constant shifting and the fact that some of these exercises are challenging for me to do at all means that I feel like I'm struggling, and there's no clear marker of improvement like there is with the lifting weights.

That being said- it's on the program, I've paid for that monthly pass, so I'm doing it, whether it's fun or not. I'm working on reminding myself that even if I hate it while I'm doing it, I do like how my body feels afterwards. If that's the win, I'll take it. Look for small victories where you can.

I did:

  • 64 minutes of walking and 38 minutes at F45 for a total of 102 active minutes. Today was the Loyals workout which is some not fun cardio. 
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care!
  • 22 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 




OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 69 gain: 0.2 lbs
OZ Week 70 gain: 2.2 lbs
OZ Week 71 loss: 2.4 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 73.6 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment