This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, March 11, 2024

Week 70 Weigh In & 45 Strong Challenge Day 8!

Well, that was a frustrating weigh in. I'm sure the sodium from the taco festival and my alcohol consumption didn't help. Since my fitness seems to have increased almost overnight, I am hopeful that some of this gain is new muscle tissue as well, and in that case it will help me burn fat off in future weeks. I have lots of time for the scale to go down- and if I keep building muscle, it has to eventually! 

It sucks to update my ticker and see my loss dip below 100lbs again but that's just a thing that happens. Bodies fluctuate, and while a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat- muscle itself weighs more than fat in volume. So if I am gaining muscle and losing fat in equal proportions, that actually means I'll gain weight. Since I've been doing such intense strength training, it shouldn't be a surprise that this was a possibility. It will sort itself out over time, though.

In the meantime, I hadn't really noticed any changes in my size either, but I remembered a pair of stretchy jeans I bought last fall and had briefly forgotten about when I realized I fit back into some of my older jeans that had been put away for years. I really like these jeans- they have floral embroidery down the leg and they're not only comfortable but made me feel sexy. When I bought them, they were painted on tight, which I don't mind in a stretch jean. They took a bit of a pull to button and zip over my lower belly, but they fit just fine once they were done up and didn't feel like they were pulling.

Now my weight has been relatively stable since then- I've lost 12lbs in the last six months, which is very slow, but it's still been moving so I try not to focus on that. You can see the ups and downs since my one year weigh in from November are not great. When I look at myself in the mirror, my body still looks pretty much the same to me, too. Maybe it's dysmorphia or maybe I'm losing proportionately, but I don't see much change when I look. So yesterday I found those jeans in my closet and decided to wear them because they always made me feel good... and they're definitely quite a lot bigger than they were last time I wore them. I didn't have to pull them to button them up, and they were loose enough on my legs that the material wrinkled a bit rather than stretched taut. I was actually shocked because I wasn't anticipating a change! They still fit fine- but it just serves as a reminder that even when the scale isn't moving, our bodies can still be changing. I don't take measurements- but my clothes will still tell the tale!

Onto the challenge!

I saw the preview for today's F45 workout on the screen after we finished the Pistons workout yesterday (which I actually liked). I'm really not looking forward to today's class! It's the same format as last Monday with 6 workout pods of 3 exercises each, and four sets through before you even get a small break. But, one of the things I like about F45 is not having to plan out my own workout routines (plus having a personal trainer to make sure I'm doing exercises properly!). So if it's a cardio day, I guess I need a cardio day! I feel like a combination of strength and cardio is best anyway- you can't lift weights every day. Hopefully, eventually my endurance will increase too.






I did:

  • 55 minutes of walking, and 38 minutes at F45. Today was the Loyals workout which is a really ugly cardio day. 
  • drank 3 litres of water!
  • did my dental care!
  • 24 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 


OZ Week 53 gain: 1.4 lbs continuing dose at 0.75mg
OZ Week 55 gain: 1.6 lbs
OZ Week 56 loss: 0.6 lbs
OZ Week 57 loss: 2.0 lbs
OZ Week 58 loss: 2.4 lbs
OZ Week 61 gain: 5.4 lbs
OZ Week 62 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 63 loss: 3.0 lbs
OZ Week 64 loss: 1.0 lb
OZ Week 65 loss: 0.4 lbs
OZ Week 66 loss: 1.8 lbs
OZ Week 67 loss: 0 lbs
OZ Week 68 loss: 1.4 lbs
OZ Week 69 gain: 0.2 lbs
OZ Week 70 gain: 2.2 lbs

Total loss on Ozempic so far: 71.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment