This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Thursday, March 28, 2024

45 Strong Challenge: Day 25

 Well, I'm feeling more positive today about my ability to get through this challenge, which is nice! It's been interesting to see my mood fluctuate so far as the days go by, although honestly I could do without the low days!

I'm actually looking forward to today's F45 workout, even though it's the last one of its kind before we switch to the new month. This is the strength day where we work on progressive overload and lift heavy. I have seen visible improvement in my muscles just over the last few weeks, so I'm excited to go in today and see what I can do. I hit a new milestone on reps and weight last time, so I want to see what I can do today! Definitely planning on hitting the protein hard, too. I want to keep feeding the muscles!

So I started today with my favourite easy high protein breakfast that you've seen me mention a few times now, two sunny side up runny yolk eggs on whole wheat weight watchers toast with a slice of deli ham, some red onion, and lowfat cheese. 363 calories, 16g fat, 24g carbs, 30g protein.

Lunch is the quickest and easiest protein heavy meal! I literally just got myself a frozen shrimp ring and I'm having cocktail shrimp and a salad. Not only does it feel decadent, but seafood is low in calories and high in protein. I'm really enjoying it! 174 calories, 2g fat, 2g carbs, 35g protein.

By afternoon though I was looking for a little sweet to complement the spicy cocktail sauce I'd had earlier! I had 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, a container of vanilla Greek yogurt, and just a little drizzle of sugarfree caramel syrup. Sweet and delicious! I added an ounce of almonds on the side. 319 calories, 14g fat, 29g carbs, 23g protein.

Dinner was a homemade cheeseburger with 4oz extra lean ground beef on a low calorie bun with 1oz cheddar cheese and grilled onions, and roasted carrots on the side. I was going to share a recipe for a Big Mac salad but honestly there's nothing wrong with having an actual burger sometimes, even on a day when you're aiming for higher protein and lower carbs! It was delicious and I enjoyed every bite. 522 calories, 23g fat, 46g carbs, 36g protein.

I went for savory for dessert so I could load up on more delicious protein! I had 5 of the PC Black Label cranberry & fennel artisan crisps I've written about before along with 2 oz Brie cheese and 100g Brandt turkey kolbassa. 367 calories, 23g fat, 15.5g carbs, 32.5g protein.

That brings my day to 1745 calories, 78g fat, 116.5g carbs, and 156.5g protein, which is fantastic! I wouldn't choose to eat this way every  day but I did some very heavy lifting today and definitely want to help build that muscle!



I did:

  • 54 minutes of walking and 40 minutes at F45 for a total of 94 active minutes. Today was the last week of the Two Fold workout which is where you do strength training but focus on upper or lower body. 
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 52 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. Gotta stay in the silly tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment