This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Sunday, March 24, 2024

45 Strong Challenge: Day 21

 Well, I won't say that getting up this morning for the early morning class isn't hard, because it is. I'm tired and feeling a bit worn out, frustrated that the scale isn't moving the way I want it to even when I see changes in my body, and although I don't want to give up the challenge, I can feel the extra effort it's taking right now.

Guess I'm right on track for my second round of the thirds blues! It's funny how you can be fully aware of something and yet it doesn't stop the feelings from happening. I guess that's normal. So I'll probably have a tough time this week but once I can get past it, unless I'm totally burned out I should be okay. I just have to try and get more sleep in. I have been sleeping worse than usual which is definitely not helping.

I'm almost halfway through the challenge- not planning on quitting now even if my brain keeps asking if I'm REALLY planning to go walk to the gym in this cold snap, let alone actually work out. Why yes, yes I am. Sigh.

In a nod to the whiny me, I'm having French toast for breakfast instead of something higher protein. I mean, French toast does of course have plenty of protein from the eggs, but I tend to go lower carb/sugar for a breakfast on weights days. If it helps me stick to the plan today though? It's a worthy splurge, especially at only 200 calories.

By the way, I made that pizza dip again last night, and it really is killer. Here is a little trick I wanted to share with you. If you get a nice lovely bun like a Kirkland cheese bun from Costco, instead of cutting it in half like you would to make a sandwich, cut it like it's a little loaf of bread, into slices. Then you get way "more" bread for your calorie budget! I used a 9 grain ciabatta bun last night to go with the pizza dip and it was fabulous- even my teenager liked it. I also mixed in a little Club House Parmesan & Herb spice into the cottage cheese and it gave it a nice boost, especially at zero calories.





I did:

  • 53 minutes of walking and 40 minutes at F45 for a total of 93 active minutes. Today was the Piston workout which is a fast changing resistance training workout. I like starting my day with this one- just not quite so early! 
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 24 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment