This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

45 Strong Challenge: Day 24

 I'm already worn out and the day hasn't started yet! Not because of physical exhaustion, but I'm just really stressed lately, which is not ideal for taking care of my body. I know studies have shown that stress undoes literally everything I'm trying to do to help myself, so I don't love that.

Then this morning literally nothing sounded good for breakfast, which is frustrating because I have so many ingredients on hand. Finally I just gave up and grabbed whatever was easy, and it's funny because it made me laugh to realize that I fell completely back to basics- the old Nutrisystem program that they had back in the early '00s where breakfast was a Nutrisystem entree plus a dairy or protein serving plus a fruit. The program has changed since then, in some ways better and in some ways worse (at least in my opinion) but their food was generally pretty good, and I still do occasionally drive across the border to get an order of the frozen entrees (which are vastly superior to the shelf stable ones)!

So my quick and easy breakfast this morning is a banana chopped into coins, topped with vanilla Greek yogurt and a little caramel sauce, and a Nutrisystem cinnamon roll. I guess old habits die hard but in this case? That's a pretty good habit. I'm not an active Nutrisystem member anymore because I don't order the food frequently enough to keep my auto delivery on, but I'd still recommend that service to anyone looking for quick and easy meals designed to help with weight loss. Is it cheap? No, but when you look at the cost of food nowadays plus the cost of all the ready meal services that have sprung up, it's pretty reasonable. And most of the entrees can be "doctored up" to actually taste pretty good. In fact, if you haven't read back in my blog, that's what Stomach Rumblings was originally about. I shared lots of recipes and tips and tricks to make the NS program work for you. Back in 2010 when I was an active member, I lost 125 pounds with Nutrisystem and I maintained that loss for six years until my life got really stressful and I stopped taking care of myself; stopped even caring about taking care of myself. That's what I have to prevent this time. Weight loss gets harder the older you get, and yo-yo'ing is very hard on your body. I don't want to go through this again.

But I digress! My point is, I'd still recommend them if you're looking for something, and they obviously instilled some reasonable habits in me that I know work well!





I did:

  • 59 minutes of walking and 38 minutes at F45 for a total of 97 active minutes. Today was the last week of the Triple Threat workout which is tiring cardio. 
  • drank 3 litres of water
  • did my dental care
  • 42 minutes of Spanish on Duolingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment