This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 17, 2011

6 Week Weight Loss Challenge- Week 2



Sorry I'm a day late, but we ended up taking an impromptu mini-holiday to Niagara Falls and I didn't have access to a scale yesterday.

I had a really awesome time, though! We stayed at the Marriott Niagara Fallsview hotel. As a general rule I really like staying at Marriotts because the service is great and the rooms are comfortable, and now I can add because they serve delicious, healthy meals as well.

Their breakfast buffet is really great- they have a make-your-own omelette station with lots of fresh vegetables and you can request egg whites. Along with all the "usual" breakfast items that I stay away from, they have hot oatmeal with dried fruit and nuts, fresh fruit, fat free yogurt, and whole wheat toast. It's easy to have a healthy, on plan breakfast that tastes great.

We also went to their hotel restaurant, the Terrapin Grille, which overlooks Niagara Falls. It's beautiful at night when the falls are lit up and especially when they shoot off fireworks! I had a house salad with Niagara icewine vinaigrette (it is amazing!) and broiled lobster tails with plain steamed veggies and a multigrain roll for dinner. Delicious and a great flex dinner. Now, the champagne that we had later that evening wasn't, but it was worth it :)

This week I lost 1.3lbs, which I see as a triumph given that I ate out all weekend plus the alcohol. I also confess that I did not exercise on the weekend. I brought my gym shoes but made excuses to avoid using them. I've already exercised today though and I've got 18 more days to go to complete the shred!

1st weigh in January 9: -2.7 lbs (1.46%)
2nd weigh in January 16: -1.3 lbs (2.16%)
3rd weigh in January 23:
4th weigh in January 30:
5th weigh in February 6:
Final weigh in February 13:

How did you do this week? Comment and share your results with us!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new layout! I also like staying at the Marriott Niagara Fallsview. Hubby and I like to do Niagara Falls for our anniversary every other year. We live about 30 mins from there. We did Inn on The Park in Toronto for our honeymoon and are hoping to do that again someday. Great weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss this week! That is wonderful given that you were on vacation.

    I have never been to Niagara Falls but I really would love to see it. Sounds like you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete