This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 10, 2011

New Look

All the new features are fully functional! You can see there is a new menu bar right under the title that should make navigation a little easier, and I've cleaned up the sidebar. You also now have an option to subscribe to this blog and receive posts by email if you want to make sure not to miss any!

Definitely check out the Recipes tab. In the past, you were able to click on a Nutrisystem entree tag in the sidebar and see all the posts where I mentioned that entree, which also contained recipe ideas. That feature is still available, but I've also created a recipe section where you can search by meal type instead and it will take you directly to that post. I found a few recipes I've made in the past but not for a while that I think I'm going to have to make again- they are yummy!

If you have any comments or suggestions for blog features please feel free to share them with me either by commenting or by using the Contact Me page.

I've also got a great flex recipe to share with you. When I was on the cruise, one night they made this great dessert with a white chocolate pudding and fresh raspberry puree. I was at the store and saw a box of Jello Fat Free Sugar Free White Chocolate Pudding so I decided to see if I could make it at home myself!

Flex Meals (Dessert):



White Chocolate Raspberry Treat:

1 pkg Jello FF SF White Chocolate Pudding
2 cups milk
4 fruit servings of raspberries, crushed with a fork (reserve 4 whole)
4 tbsp whipped cream (optional)
4 tbsp protein powder (optional)

Mix together the pudding mix, milk, and protein powder until well blended and allow to sit for 3 minutes. I recommend chilling for a while- I like the flavour better that way. Take a clear glass (I was thinking martini glass but I didn't have one) and spoon 1/8 of the raspberry puree into the bottom of each glass. When pudding is prepared, spoon 1/2 cup of pudding into each glass, and top with 1/4 of the remaining raspberry puree. A squirt of whipped cream and a fresh raspberry on top gives this treat a really nice look. Makes four servings.

If you skip the protein powder this dessert is slightly low in protein but not by much. Each serving has 112 calories and 5g of protein (the minimum in any dessert that NS makes). Adding the protein powder gives an additional 5g of protein for 20 calories, so it definitely could be worth it if you have it handy.

I think I may try this with chocolate pudding next time- that could be really yummy!

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog. I am going to check out the rest of it :) Newest follower form the blog hop

    http://www.at-home-with-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy, i want to eat this.. congrats with the weight loss, i hope i can lose more than a little myself. following from mom blog monday http://onemoreflewoverthecuckoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks AWESOME!!! Thanks SO much for all the recipe ideas :)

    ReplyDelete