This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Ouch!

Well, I think Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me, and I'm only on level one of the 30 Day Shred! But I am very proud to say that I completed the entire workout. It's definitely tough but I am hoping it'll be worth it because it's been hours and I can still feel my muscles! I wonder how the Biggest Loser contestants manage doing exercises with her for hours a day when it's hard on me to get through a lousy 20 minute workout DVD. I've been told, and I'm sure it's accurate, that I'm going to hurt more tomorrow and later this week, but I know I can get through it!

It's not too late to sign up for our 6 Week Weight Loss Challenge if you still want to! Just comment on the post and tell us that you're in! You can give your starting weight if you want but you don't have to if you just want to track pounds lost (I'm sure you've all noticed that I haven't given mine!). See if you can beat me over the next 6 weeks, and if you do, make sure you have a nice non food reward for yourself! My friend Rebecca wrote a great post in her blog with her incentives for the challenge- check it out!

I also still have a few reviews of Nutrisystem menu items to share with you!


Mexican Style Tortilla Soup (Lunch):



I left this one since so far I haven't been all that impressed with Nutrisystem's ethnic cuisine, but I realized after I made it how silly I was. All the Mexican style entrees I've tried (TACOS anyone???) have been awesome! The soup has a nice little kick to it but it isn't spicy and the flavour is really nice. I still have a hard time just having soup for lunch but with a big salad with grilled chicken on top, it was a nice meal. I'd definitely order this again.


Beef Pot Roast with Vegetables & Gravy (Dinner):



Unfortunately this entree is discontinued because it's quite good! It tastes very similar to Dinty Moore Beef Stew but with larger pieces of beef. The flavour is really quite nice, but the sauce is a little runny. If you have an extra carb serving it is perfect to soak up the sauce after you enjoy the meat and vegetables. If you find this on eBay or Craigslist, give it a try!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss so far! Following from the Tuesday Train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There, I laughed at the name of your blog. I can relate!! Just started my "get healthy" plan yesterday and have my own rumbling tummy :)

    Found you on a blog hop and am following you. would love a follow back!

    Happy New Year and great success in your weight loss!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the Tuesday Train Hop. congratulations on your success, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey love your blog! Now that you are a NS blogger you should have them send you the select plan so you can review that too! Right now they are giving it away for the same price as the basic so they should send you 10 days so we can all read the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea, I would love that- when I first was asked to be a Blogger I asked about receiving the Select plan. Unfortunately they can't ship it across the border so I have not been able to review these items.

    I'm working on a plan though!

    ReplyDelete