This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Breakfast

In the "old days", I used to skip breakfast. I don't eat cereal, and most sweet stuff is really bad for you. Have you gone to the grocery store and looked at the nutritional facts on a muffin, lately? The ones I used to eat had over 500 calories per muffin! That's insane!

I remember when I first started Nutrisystem, I was delighted because I could eat all the sweet stuff that I used to crave for breakfast. I mean, a chocolate muffin? Seriously?

I also love that I've been able to replicate some of the more decadent breakfasts that I used to enjoy. This one will definitely make you feel like you're having a special treat. Save it for those lazy weekend mornings!

Pancake Mix (Breakfast):



Fruity Crepes:

1 pkg Nutrisystem Pancake Mix
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup water
4 tbsp low fat ricotta cheese
1 tbsp fat free cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Splenda
1 fruit serving of your favourite fruit

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a pan, heat up a little water, 1 tsp Splenda, and your fruit serving, sliced thinly if it's strawberries- you don't need to slice blueberries or raspberries or the like. Simmer on medium heat until they form a syrupy mixture and turn off heat. Spray a large pan with PAM spray and heat it on medium. In a bowl, blend the pancake mix, milk, and water until smooth. Pour half the batter into the pan- it should fill the full base of the pan. Flip the pancake when it's set and set aside when cooked. Make the second crepe. While it's cooking, mix the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, splenda, and vanilla extract in a small dish. Spoon half the filling inside each crepe and roll them up. Top with the fruit sauce and bake in the oven for ten minutes. Top with a puff of whipped cream if desired and enjoy!

I made mine with strawberries but these would be great with blueberries or raspberries. You could use the Blueberry Pancake Mix if you wanted to make them fruitier. I also considered making cranberry orange or apple cinnamon crepes. The flavour can be varied if you add different extracts to the ricotta filling as well- you can make this dish whatever way appeals to you! Count it as a breakfast entree + a dairy/protein serving, fruit, and free food.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the Green Mama Blog Hop! I'm your newest follower! :)

    -Jessica
    And Then There Were 4...
    http://www.giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy!

    Found you via Wordless Wednesday.
    Now a follower.

    -Joy
    http://subtlesouthernsnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on the Green Mama hop. I'm a new follower. I'm so excited to look through all the recipes. Good luck getting healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you via The Green Mama Blog Hop~~New Follower GF & emails can'r wait to read more of your recipes~~Shari

    http://www.1grown2togo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy!

    I am your newest follow, through Friendly Wednesday!

    Hope you have a great day!

    :) Rachel
    http://livingbetteronedayatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete