This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Non Scale Victories



My 80lb bear arrived! I was so happy to see its fuzzy little orange face because I worked hard for this one. I laughed when I read its nametag because it was so appropriate for me at this point; Workout Bear. I'm really trying to get myself into gear so this bear is helping to keep me motivated. The past few days my whole family has been sick so I haven't been able to do the shred, but I'm planning to get right back on track as soon as I feel up to it again.

Now for my non scale victory! I've noticed for a while that my wedding rings have been very loose on my finger but I didn't really want to do anything about it too early in my journey because I figured I'd have to resize them again when I reached my goal. Today, I decided to go into the store where my husband bought them and find out exactly how many sizes I'd lost. I was thrilled to hear that I've lost three ring sizes! I think that means it's time to get them sized, and boy would I be happy to have to plunk down $40 and get them sized again when I reach goal!

Do you have a non scale victory to share with us? What have you noticed that made you realize that you've lost weight? Maybe your skinny jeans fit now, or you've had to buy new ones. Sometimes, the little victories are sweeter than the number on the scale.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Way to go! My husband has been sick too...hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for your success!! I am following you from Welcome Wednesday, please follow me back at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new follower from Catch a Wave! What a cool blog! I have to tell you, I take 3 stepaerobics class/wk, taught by my 82 y.o. mother! And it's not a senior class. It's full tilt aerobics. She's an inspiration to all of us, believe me!

    Okay, my nonscale success is kind of weird. I'm firming up all over and my clothes are looser, but I've actually gained weight. Supposedly because muscle weighs more than fat. I just have to stay off the scale, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! That is so awesome. It's really the small things that can keep us motivated, isn't it?

    I am stopping by from the Wednesday Window. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You lost 80 lbs?????
    OH MY GOSH! That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations!!!

    I am your newest follower from Catch a Wave Wednesday!

    Mary Jo - Saving Green Mom
    www.savinggreeninthebay.com
    www.facebook.com/SavingGintheB

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to have a stuffed buddy to share in a journey. Hope Workout Bear and you keep getting the fluff off.

    Came by from Wordless Wednesday, here is my link
    http://creativeminds-tamirisc.blogspot.com/2011/01/took-these-sunday-january-23rd-in.html

    ReplyDelete