This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

I just got a request from one of my readers for a legal dip recipe that she could use for her upcoming Superbowl party. I completely forgot that it's nearly Superbowl Sunday! So I'm going to be hosting an Appetizer Week so you can get some great, healthy ideas for your menu.

Here are two ideas you can start off with (and my final two reviews from the Basic plan, excluding the brand new items I haven't yet received!):


Pretzels (Dessert):



I've mentioned before that I'm not really a salty snacks person so these just aren't my cup of tea. I have read about people melting the Nutrichocolates over them to make chocolate covered pretzels (then, of course, you eat only half a serving) and I might have to try that in the future and see if that improves them for me. For now, I'm happier with one of the sweet desserts.


Zesty Herb Snack Mix (Dessert):



This is like Chex Mix but has a little bit of salty kick to it because of the paprika. It's not spicy but zesty is definitely the right word, according to my husband who is reviewing it since I figured he'd enjoy it more than I would.

The funny thing is, this came in my original box way back last February when I had a free week, and I couldn't find anyone who wanted to eat it! I had to order a new one just to make my reviews complete. I just reminded my husband that we gave a bunch of bags of it away and he scowled and opened up his mouth and pointed inside! So I guess this gets the Husband Seal of Approval!

Don't forget to check back for some great appetizer recipes this week!

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,

    I just wanted to let you know if you haven't seen it already:
    http://strength123.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/let%E2%80%99s-talk-nutrisystem-%E2%80%93-the-good-the-pretty-good-and-the-very-very-ugly/

    While I am sure he has a lot of good healthy ideas, maybe you as a NS user shouldn't back him as much. He completely bashes on what both you and I use to become healthier with out any research to back up his comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea,

    No, I hadn't seen it yet. But as I'm sure you've guessed, the comments he references in his article are mine. I emailed him to discuss a concern I had because he did make a negative comment about Nutrisystem in one area of his book.

    In principle, I do agree with him. Eating more convenience food shouldn't be a lifestyle change. And I do agree that choosing to eat whole organic food is best of all, for our bodies and for the environment. I stand behind my comments that Nutrisystem is much, much better than staying obese and that if you need some help on your weight loss journey that a program like this is wonderful. Look at what I've been able to accomplish using Nutrisystem as a tool.

    I think that the principles in his book are sound (and he has some great recipes!), so I'm willing to give it a positive review. As for his thoughts on Nutrisystem, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

    Thanks for linking to his article!

    ReplyDelete