This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, January 21, 2011

More Reviews

I've only got a few more reviews to do before I'll have reviewed every item on the Basic plan. I am hoping to have those done by the end of next week. I was very excited to hear that my order had been delayed so the new items are en route and I should have them soon. I'll be sure to post the reviews quickly so you can see them!

I'm also hoping to be able to do some reviews of the Select meals next month. I'll be visited a friend in the US so hopefully I can try them there. I've heard great things about them so I am really looking forward to sampling them myself.

Here are some new reviews!


Wedged Potatoes with Sliced Beef Steak (Dinner):



The potatoes in this dish are really nice- 3 large wedges with skin. I do occasionally miss potatoes on this plan and these were satisfying. The sauce was rich and yummy although as usual there was lots- this is a good dish to serve with extra veggie servings.


Pasta Primavera with Tofu (Dinner):



Well, yeah... you can't like everything! I'm not a big tofu fan in general but I didn't really even care for the sauce on this one either, and the texture just didn't work for me. I love baby shell pasta but this dish wasn't my thing.


And like I've mentioned in previous posts, make sure you try everything at least twice! I decided to give a few items a second chance and I'm so glad I did! I had a Cinnamon Bun Bar this morning and really liked it! It didn't have the cloying sweetness I remembered from the past, so my taste buds have definitely changed. I'm going to have to try a few other things I wasn't crazy about to see if I like them any better.

Don't forget to check out my giveaway for the book Alpine Weight Loss! The giveaway ends on January 25.


Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

1 comment:

  1. I like tofu when its stir fried- and or added to smoothies- the silken kinds- also good to puree and aadd to soups to make the creamy ;-) Just a thought! Stopping in from Trendy Treehouse New Friend Friday- and so YEA I'm following you now. Hope you stop by my place soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete