This is my journey to become a healthier me. It began on January 26, 2010 and stalled out... I got a type 2 diabetes diagnosis on March 30, 2022 and started to focus on my health again. On November 8, 2022 I added Ozempic to my toolbox to help me shed some pounds and inches!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Disappointed

I had a really, really long day today. I didn't get a lot of sleep and it just felt like everything went wrong. My son wasn't feeling well, he was late for his doctor's appointment and we had to reschedule, etc, etc. I was feeling pretty tired and stressed out.

In the "old days", I would have ordered a pizza. I thought about it, and realized it would just allow me to prolong the pity party. I'd eat it, feel sick to my stomach, and ask myself why the heck I was torturing my body. So when I got hungry, I took out the fixings for one of my favourite dinners- the Nutrisystem Spaghetti with Meat Sauce over a bowl of spaghetti squash.

Unfortunately, as soon as I opened the box, I knew this was not going to be my "comfort dinner"! Instead of the large white tray the entree used to be packaged in, it was in the little black tray that most of the other pasta meals come in. When I took off the plastic top, I could see that there was lots of sauce sloshing around in the dish- another change. The sauce in this entree used to be thick and stick to the noodles. And that was the worst part- the serving is considerably smaller and less satisfying. I used to have a nice ratio of pasta to spaghetti squash- I could actually pretend I was eating a giant bowl of all pasta, which really helped on those days where I needed to at least feel like I was pigging out. Tonight, it was clear that I was eating squash with some noodles mixed in. And the worst part? The reformulated entree is actually higher in calories than the previous version! Why would anyone want less pasta for more calories? I'm not impressed.

So, was it bad? No, but it's just not the same anymore, and I'm really going to miss it. I'm going to have to find a new comfort meal, so it's back to the drawing board.

Disclosure: This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. Nutrisystem Canada is providing their food and program to me free of charge for my weekly updates. I was not compensated for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. sorry you had such a rough day, hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if they test the reformulations on actual users of the ns diet?

    ReplyDelete